Thursday, March 12, 2015

Another Day, Another Struggle



Last night on the way home I listened to another Podcast of Joyce Meyers. Can't remember the topic, but she was just what I needed to hear. I told my wife that I once again felt that I've been touched with an answer. A push to take care of a certain issue I've been fighting with. Today I listened to Pastor John McDonald's Podcast as he spoke on the feeling of discouragement. Great topic, and again just what I needed to hear.

As I was walking into work listening in, John continued his talk. He turn the subject to his  dad. At that moment I started to think of my dad who has since passed and how hard it was for him raising a family of six. I don't remember him ever acting discouraged. Just as I started to talk to him in my mind. I glanced down to find another penny.  My dad would never bypass a coin on the ground. I just felt once again it was a small sign from above. That what I am hearing in the two Podcasts are not only answers but encouragement from above. I know He can, and will use anyone He chooses to advance His glory and kingdom. To say the least it scares me to think he might use me too.  I looked up "discouragement" in the Concordance and turned to 1 CH 22: 13. David talking to his son Solomon "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged." If Solomon could find peace in those words with the giant task of building a temple in his future; I think I should take them to heart too.

All I have to do is pay some bills (discouragement.)


No comments:

Post a Comment